Friday, December 9, 2011

Wood Fence Art

A while back, I saw a blog post where someone had created an art piece out of old pallets.  Well, one Saturday I went on a mission to find pallets.  Being in a city, I could not find any.  And the only stores that would give them to me gave me pallets that were painted already.  Not wanting to strip paint off of pallets, I went to my favorite store ever. LOWES!
I found privacy fence boards that would do the trick.
For about $4 for wood, and $8 in paint and nails, I was able to create an art piece to go in my living room.


I cut the boards to be 36" wide using a circular saw. 
Then I nailed the 4 boards to two of the same boards on the back.
And painted the whole thing with a cream base paint


Then I just painted a fall theme.
After it was dried, I sprayed it with a Krylon Clear Gloss to protect it.
Two screws and a piece of wire made it hangable. 
Ta-Da! Love!

2 comments:

  1. We are also building a walk in enclosure to keep the coop in. The enclosure will be attached to the cedar planks. We built panels that are 6 1/2 feet tall by 4 feet wide. There is one brace in the center and two diagonal braces in opposite corners. Then chicken wire. building a chain link fence

    ReplyDelete