Saturday, December 10, 2011

A special painting for a special girl

Ms. Lilly turned 1 a couple months ago! :)  She inspired me to reach outside of my comfort zone and paint on a canvas.  I love cherry blossom trees so I thought this would be perfect for her room.

The background came out a little bit too bright blue but I adjusted to it.
I just freehanded some tree branches using brown acrylic paint.

Added some cute pink blossoms.
I was looking at this, thinking it needed something more.

So I made some fabric flowers.  For all you out there, I CAN NOT SEW.  But I tried.
These are so simple to make.  I followed a blog I found at: http://www.simplyvintagegirl.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/29/tutorial-how-to-make-lovely-fabric-flowers/
The only thing I did different, was didn't make them so large.
*Also, do not use a candle on tulle*

When I made a few different sized ones, I glued them on to the painting giving it a 3D look.


And this was the final! I was pretty impressed with it.  Hopefully Ms. Lilly and her momma loved it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment